MAPublisher 5.0 Illustrator, Mac
|Our Price:|| $99.95|
Our Part # AVN101
MAPublisher 5.0 is the latest release of this powerful suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator that bridges the gap between Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and high-end graphic design for high quality creation, high resolution printing and electronic publishing of maps. Cartographic quality map production is now faster, easier and better. Avenza understands that completing GIS graphics tasks is best performed in the right environment such as powerful graphics programs like Adobe Illustrator. MAPublisher takes you into this environment seamlessly and effortlessly with the right GIS data management tools to facilitate the map production process. Using this fast, intuitive system, your map can transcend the ordinary and become a work of art.
MAPublisher 5.0 combines the best features of GIS with the powerful design environments of Adobe Illustrator 10 to enable native GIS data files to be used as a base for cartographic production. No more scanning and tracing. MAPublisher 5.0 is also compatible with Mac OS X!
MAPublisher 5.0 supports the import of the most widely used GIS data formats, including those from ESRI, MapInfo, MicroStation, AutoCAD and the USGS. All GIS data attributes and geographic parameters are maintained during import and are fully accessible and editable during the cartographic process.
New in MAPublisher 5.0
* Adobe Illustrator 10 compatibility - MAPublisher 5.0 is fully compatible with the Adobe Illustrator 10 for Mac.
* Mac OS X compatibility - MAPublisher 5.0 is also "Built for Mac OS X". It is also compatible with Mac OS 9.x.
* MicroStation DGN file import - In addition to the major GIS formats supported by earlier versions, MAPublisher 5.0 adds import support for MicroStation dgn files and thus provides access for users one of the most popular professional technical design programs. The new MAPublisher 5.0 DGN importer also automatically converts the MicroStation level ID to a MAPublisher attribute value to facilitate easy manipulation of imported dgn files.
* Create geotiffs and other geo-referenced raster images - With MAPublisher 5.0 you can create geotiffs and other raster map formats from any placed images or vector map file, complete with all the necessary geo-referencing information, for use in other mapping software.
* Automatic scale bar creation - MAPublisher 5.0 includes a dedicated scale bar creation filter that makes it easier than ever to quickly and accurately add a scale bar to you map, complete with captions and subintervals.
* Area drawing tools in map units- MAPublisher 5.0 includes two tools for creating area features in map units. Now you can easily create rectangles and ellipses of specified map units, for example a circle of a 100 mile radius about a specific point.
* Copy and paste map data between layers - MAPublisher 5.0 introduces the Copy/Paste Map Objects function for easily and safely moving and copying MAPublisher objects between Illustrator layers while maintaining all associated attribute data.
* Douglas-Peucker line simplification - MAPublisher 5.0 allows for line and area simplification using the popular Douglas-Peucker algorithm for removing unnecessary nodes on paths.
* Plot points in decimal degrees or DMS onto any projected plane - With MAPublisher 5.0 you can enter any world co-ordinate pair in decimal degrees or DMS (lat/long) and have a point automatically plotted on any projected map layer.
* Convert between DMS and decimal degrees - The MAPublisher 5.0 Point Plotter can also be used as a conversion calculator between DMS and decimal degrees.
* Store map projections in already projected files after import - The MAPublisher 5.0 projection editor now allows you to enter and store known projection information for an imported file that was previously projected in another program.
* 'Sticky' selection menus remember last menu selection - Save tons of time making selections with MAPublisher 5.0's 'sticky' men