MAPublisher 7.0, for Illustrator, Mac
|Our Price:|| $449.95|
Our Part # AVN143
MAPublisher 7 is the newest version of this powerful suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator that bridges the gap between Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and high-end graphic design for high quality creation, high resolution printing and electronic publishing of maps. Cartographic quality map production is now faster, easier and better. Avenza understands that completing GIS graphics tasks is best performed in the right environment such as a powerful graphics application like Adobe Illustrator. MAPublisher takes you into this environment seamlessly and effortlessly with the right GIS data management tools to facilitate the map production process. Using this fast, intuitive system, your map can transcend the ordinary and become a work of art.
MAPublisher 7 combines the best features of GIS with the powerful design environments of Adobe Illustrator CS and CS2 to enable native GIS data files to be used as a base for cartographic production. No more scanning and tracing is necessary with MAPublisher.
MAPublisher 7 supports the import of the most widely used GIS data formats, including those from ESRI, MapInfo, MicroStation, AutoCAD and the USGS. All GIS data attributes and geographic parameters are maintained during import and are fully accessible and editable during the cartographic process. MAPublisher 7 provides dozens of mapping, cartographic and GIS-like tools for working with imported map data within the Adobe Illustrator environment towards the creation of the the highest quality maps possible.
MAPublisher 7 contains all the features and benefits of MAPublisher 6.2 and earlier versions as well as the following new features and functions:
New in MAPublisher 7
* Adobe Illustrator CS & CS2 compatible - MAPublisher 7 is fully compatible with Adobe Illustrator CS and CS2 for both Mac and Windows.
* Mac Intel processor compatible - MAPublisher 7 is compatible with Adobe Illustrator CS and CS2 running on the new Mac Intel processors.
* Intelligent Labeling - Map data can now be labeled based upon defined label settings. Specific settings and label placement rules may now be created and applied to point, line and area labels.
* New Grids and Graticules Generator - Grids can now be created on any projected or geodetic MAP View and can be easily edited after placement. Grids may be created and placed based on 3 types: Index, Graticule and Measured.
* New Scale Bar Generator - More scale bar designs have been added including double bars for the creation of scale bars in multiple units. Scale bars can now be edited and resized after placement.
* New MAP Attributes Palette & Functions - New, delete and edit column functionality is now achieved from one palette. Edited values are now immediately recorded in the document. Columns may be hidden in the attribute display if desired. New find and replace attributes function. Full expression-based attribute values and calculations are now possible.
* Property Attributes - MAPublisher 7 introduces the concept of Property attributes. Property attributes record and display certain GIS and non-GIS properties of map features such as vertex count, stroke weight, style & rotation and allow edits to art to be made from within the MAP attributes palette.
* Expression Builder - Assign properties or attributes to data or make selections based on simple or complex expressions. Expressions are automatically checked for validity.
* New Import Table - All table functions have been replaced by a new function that automatically imports external data tables and joins them with existing attributes.
* Stylesheet Ranges - Value ranges and complex legend assignments can now be made using MAP Stylesheets.
* MAP Selections - Select By Attribute has been replaced by the new MAP Selections palette. As well as making selections based on attribute values selection criteria may now be saved and reapplied.
* Create North Arrow - Any Illus